Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Couple of Kid Funnies

You know, if I don't write these down, I'm going to forget them. I sure hope this blog never crashes! (that is a direct hint to Bill to back everything up for me)

Sam has been sick all weekend. Poor guy has really had a rough winter. He was running a fever on and off for about 48 hours, and now has diarrhea (oh joy!). Yesterday morning, he came into my room to tell me he needed "brestfest". I asked him if he was feeling better, and he said "Well, I don't have a heaver!" I believe he meant fever. Today his nose is running like a faucet and he still looks miserable. I asked him if he was sick of his cold and he said, "Yes, and I have a hot too".

TJ has gotten up a couple times in the past week to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. His room is right next to the main bath. But he refuses to go by himself at night. So, he will trudge into our room, wake up Bill (the fact that he wakes up Bill and not me amuses me endlessly) and then insist Bill accompany him to the bathroom. Last night, Bill felt like he was coming down with a cold and decided to sleep on the couch. So when TJ marched into our room at 1:30 a.m., he was stuck with me. I told him I was awake, and I would be right in the bathroom. TJ turned to walk into the bathroom and marched smack into the door frame. He was startled, but thankfully did not cry, and also did not wet his pants.

Judging by the artwork in the hall outside TJ's classroom, they discussed the Inauguration, and must have watched part of it on the TV in their room. Each child had their picture taken while standing in front of the television. In one hand, the child is holding a Barack Obama poster, in the other hand, they have an American flag. Next to their picture, there is a fill-in-the blank phrase. "I hope President Obama will..." and then the child could describe their wishes for Obama. They are really funny. TJ's says "I hope President Obama will ride trains with me", another child hopes Obama won't say bad words, and one child got close and said he hoped Obama would be a good president. Overall, most of the responses the kids gave were way off-base and really cute.

They seemed to have kept the day fairly non-partisan for the kids, which is how I prefer it, but TJ was still beyond horrified when I told him I didn't vote for Obama. Maybe he'll understand in 4 years. Just because the guy lives in the White House doesn't mean your mother has to like him.

To all of my relatives and friends who did vote for Obama, well, TJ will be relieved to hear it.

No comments: