Friday, January 30, 2009

A New Mattress

I got a new mattress yesterday. We have needed a new one for a couple years now, but other things kept taking precedence (like buying a bed for TJ, then needing to buy bunk beds for TJ and Sam when we found out Nolan was on his way). We had our own supplier; a neighbor from Pendleton had his own mattress store. I had purchased from him before and he always gave me a great deal.

Apparently, he gave too many good deals and decided to close up shop before he went bankrupt. I knew about this, and Bill urged me to get over there and pick out a mattress before he closed. I finally did two weeks ago. I bought the floor model because the guy gave it to me for an unbelievable price (again, maybe that's why he never made any money!). The mattress was wrapped, so it was clean even though it had been on the floor for a few months. I agreed to let him keep the mattress until he was ready to close the doors for good.

When he delivered it last night, he thanked us for letting him hang onto it--he sold four more of that model. He gave us a really nice mattress pad as a thank-you (again, uh, that would be more lost profits!).

The mattress is a bit firmer than I was used to, but at least it's flat. I no longer feel like I'm sliding off the edge. Ahhhh. Heaven. This was the best thing that happened all week. Is that sad? :-)

No comments: