Saturday, February 28, 2009

Missing Waffle

Yesterday for lunch, I heated up some homemade waffles Bill had put in the freezer. I fed the older two, and once I returned from dropping TJ off at school, started giving some tiny pieces to Nolan. So far, homemade waffles are his favorite thing to eat. He's a smart boy.

Anyway, he'll eat a fair amount, but since I can only put tiny pieces in his mouth for him to gum, it takes awhile. I decided to move him down to my bedroom, so I could fold laundry while he ate. I got down there, and needed to return to the laundry room for something. So I put a piece in his mouth, set him down, and put the waffle on my dresser.

When I got back, the waffle was gone. I knew immediately what had happened, but it took me a minute to locate the culprit. My children never answer me when they are being naughty. I finally found Sam in the living room, just as he swallowed. I asked him if he had eaten the waffle, and he said "no". "Well, where is it?" I asked him. "In my mouth" he responded. I was proud of myself for not laughing. I put him on his bed for a time-out. Turns out he was tired, because when I went in there a few minutes later to discuss it with him, he was only half awake. I got a nice 2 1/2 hour nap out of him.

After nap, as I changed his diaper, he looked at me seriously and said, "Naughty". I asked who was naughty, and he said, "Waffle". I'm hoping he realizes that it was wrong to eat Nolan's waffle, and doesn't really think that the waffle was the naughty one.

No comments: