Tuesday, February 10, 2009

61 degrees

We had a record high today. I thoroughly enjoyed the temperature, but could have done without the insanely strong wind gusts. There was a blue tarp blowing down the road. I thought about retrieving it, but I had no idea whose it was and really didn't want to lug it door to door, looking for its owner.

The boys enjoyed the weather too. TJ ran everywhere in his boots, since our yard is under about an inch of water. I noticed most of the neighbor kids were out enjoying the afternoon as well.

Nolan was outside a couple different times, once with me and once with Daddy. The look on his face was priceless. He looked awed, like he could not believe that he was outside and it wasn't freezing cold! He also loved the fact that I didn't make him wear his snowsuit today.

Sam had a hard time. He was outside with Bill for a little while before dinner and came inside crying. He was sure the sprinklers were going to turn on, and he wanted to wait outside until they did. Poor little guy. He's been asking all winter when the sprinklers would turn on, and we kept telling him 'not until spring'. He assumed today was spring.

Alas, winter is returning tomorrow night. But I sure did enjoy today's preview!

1 comment:

myowen said...

You made me laugh, picturing you lugging the blue tarp door to door! :)