Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kindergarten Woes

So, I e-mailed my state representative (Dave Agema) and told him what I thought about full-time kindergarten. He responded in less than an hour. I was impressed. Unfortunately, he told me he voted against it, but it is a done deal. Schools do not have to do full-time kindergarten, but if they choose not to, they will not receive their full funding for that grade.

I do not know what Coopersville is going to do. I don't even think they've decided yet. But I'm really disappointed. I hate that everything revolves around money these days.

I took the spiritual gifts class several years back. I bombed out on teaching and on hospitality (so don't show up at my house uninvited!). But I will teach my boys at home for kindergarten if I do not think they are ready for a full-time program.

Sigh.

No comments: