Saturday, February 14, 2009

G.R.C.M.

For the second Christmas in a row, Bill's Dad and Cindy gave us a family membership to the Children's Museum. This is a fabulous gift. The boys have yet to get bored at the museum. We try to take them once a month during cold weather. During the month of May, our membership lets us get in free to the Meijer Gardens and in August we can go to the zoo for free. They call it a cultural exchange program. Considering the Gardens alone would cost us about $30 in entrance fees, this is a huge perk (During the months of June and July we could get into the Art Museum or the Ford Museum for free, but the boys aren't ready for those places).

My mom and I took the boys to the Children's Museum a couple weeks ago. Since my mom is also my baby-sitter, Cindy was able to add her to our membership for a mere $5. Bill loved that; now he doesn't have to come with me every time. Anyway, Mom and I took turns with TJ and Sam. Sam is content to sit at one thing for as long as you will let him. We had to urge him to try new things. TJ doesn't sit still for more than 30 seconds. Whoever is stuck with him winds up very tired. So, we trade off. It works.

After about 90 minutes, I've had my fill of the museum. The boys are always disappointed to leave, but they know we will be back soon.

Sam making giant bubbles:

Sam and Grandma spinning disks on the giant spinning wheel (it's hard to describe but fun to play with):

TJ creating:

TJ 'feeding' the penguins with beanbags:

No comments: