Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Rejects

On Saturday, I went with Mom, Amanda, Brianna, and Nolan to help Brianna select her wedding dress. She is the last of the five of us to get married. It took 4 other weddings, but I finally thought to bring my camera to document some of the planning process.

She did select a wedding dress that day. I have promised NOT to post pictures of her wearing dress, since it's her big day, not mine. But I am allowed to post the rejects. So, here are the wedding dresses that did not pass muster. I must say, Brianna doesn't look that great in the photos. I guess I should have had her pose and smile instead of just snapping pictures. However, in her defense, she looks fabulous in the pictures I took of her wearing the dress. We all knew it was her dress, and you can tell by the look on her face that she knows it too.

This is the first dress she tried on. She liked it 'okay' but claimed it made her look fat. Huh?
This is the second dress. I think she liked it a little better than the first, but it still was just 'okay':This is the third dress. It was very lacy and elegant, and had a rather elegant price tag to go with it (I almost had to scrape Mom off of the floor). Thankfully, Brianna did not want to wear ivory, and the dress is not available in any other shade.
The fourth dress was the dress. If you'd like to see it, be at Coopersville Reformed Church on September 12.

Dress #5 was funny. It looked beautiful on the model in the catalog. Unfortunately, it just made Brianna look, um, pregnant. Of course, she hammed that up:
Dress #6 was nice, but it wasn't Brianna.
At that point, she stopped trying on dresses and we moved to bridesmaids dresses. Here's Amanda, wearing the style we are going with (click here to see the dress. Brianna chose the color 'serene', which I would describe as a grayish-aqua. It's different and pretty).


My mom insisted that Nolan come, because as she put it, "Well, he came when we shopped for Amanda's dress." All righty, then. He did behave. He drank a bottle in the fitting room, snacked on Fruit Puffs with assistance from Amanda, and had a ball playing with a little boy exactly his size:

3 comments:

Tobias Arthur said...

Whee! What an exciting time in your family!! Tell Brianna congratulations and that if she looks this lovely in the no-gos, she'll be a knockout at the wedding. Love you!!

Unknown said...

Hey! What's wrong with ivory???

Busy Baroness said...

There's nothing wrong with ivory!! Bree thinks it doesn't look good on her. I thought it was a gorgeous dress, but the one she picked is better.