Sunday, March 6, 2011

A few tidbits

This morning, Nolan came in to use my bathroom while I was finishing up with my hair. I was wearing a long skirt, since we were heading to church. Nolan was watching me while he sat on the toilet. He suddenly said, "Hey, what's on your pants?" I thought he was asking why I was wearing a skirt, so I said, "I'm dressed up for church. I'm wearing a skirt." At this point, he looked a little impatient and said, "Hey, what's on your SKIRT?"

I turned slightly and laughed. It may be early March, but I had a housefly sitting on my rear end. I told Nolan what it was and he laughed too and told me to take the fly off. I did.

We got to church a little early this morning because Bill was playing the organ prelude. While we were sitting there listening to Daddy, Sam pulled on the front of my sweater, and peered inside. But being Sam, his motives were not inappropriate. He said, "Mom, show me where your heart is. I want to feel your heart beat."

Tonight before bedtime, Sam and I were looking through a simple word book. Each page had a letter of the alphabet along with a bunch of items that started with that letter. I was pointing at the objects and having Sam tell me what they were. It's not as easy as you'd think. On the "G" page, he pointed at the gorilla and said "Monkey". On the "F" page, I had a good chuckle. I pointed at an assortment of fruit and said "Fuh, fuh..." to which Sam finished "Fegetables!"

No comments: