Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cheap date

Nolan's third birthday is rapidly approaching. I have no idea what to get the boy. He and Sam are hard to shop for. Sam is difficult because he rarely plays with toys (he'd rather wander around the house checking out the vents). Nolan is difficult because he is content to play with whatever he sees.

This morning while he was in the bath tub, I told him that his birthday was just a few weeks away. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He thought it over and said, "Ice cream. And cake!"

I laughed. I asked if he wanted presents. I got an emphatic "Yes!" in response. I asked what he wanted to be INSIDE the presents. He looked puzzled and said, "I don't know."

Hmmm. He's not very helpful. But I think he'll be happy with whatever he gets.

No comments: