Friday, September 18, 2009

Theme Songs

Bill mentioned tonight that I have given each of my boys a theme song. Until he said that, I hadn't thought about it. I have always used silly songs as a way to distract my boys, particularly during diaper changes. I never thought about the fact that they each had their own.

TJ's song was "The Chocolate Factory" (a.k.a. "Good Morning George") from the Veggie Tales movie "Rack, Shack, and Benny." He used to laugh hysterically when I'd sing it to him. I wanted to post a link to the song, but apparently, it's a really obscure Veggie Tales song. If you Google it, you can come up with the lyrics. Or, I would be happy to sing it to you!

Sam's song is the theme song to Bonanza. I never put any words in, I just 'sang' the music to him. Copy this link into your browser...it's the opening to the TV show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdRgBAY278

Nolan's song is "Rawhide". Only, I've changed the lyrics. Why sing "Rollin', rollin', rollin'", when you can sing "Nolan, Nolan, Nolan"....
http://www.televisiontunes.com/Rawhide.html

Yep, I'm weird. But my kids love it!

No comments: