Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 8--First Day of School

TJ started kindergarten today, September 8. I also started school on September 8 (28 years ago!). If you are wondering how I remember that, it's because I started school on my 5th birthday. Yep, I hit the big 33 today. I told my mom about the coincidence with the dates, and she wondered if I was sending a birthday treat with TJ. Huh? I think she was confused. She thinks she was too:-)

Anyway, other than the bus coming early (which messed up a couple photo ops I wanted to do), everything went fine. TJ had a blast. He loves his teacher, Mrs. Marsh. Although, he keeps calling her Mrs. Gladstone. We don't know any Gladstones, so I don't know where he got that name! She sent home a small plastic frog with all of the kids, as his class is called "Frogs in the Marsh". Cute, huh?

Here is TJ and Mrs. Marsh at kindergarten orientation last week, followed by some pictures from today. Finally, there is a picture of me on my first day of school, September 8, 1981. I'm gagging down a glass of Tang (I hate Tang!) and Eric is pestering me, as big brothers do.



No comments: