Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cheerleaders

As you all know, I find my boys to be very amusing. Lately, they've been cheering themselves and others on with compliments. They just don't always make sense.

Sunday morning, Bill dressed Sam. Sam walks up to me and says, "Look at me. I'm pretty."

Sunday afternoon, we were watching Brianna and Nate open wedding gifts. Sam was observing the rest of us complimenting various items as they were opened. So when Brianna picked up a new gift and removed the first layer of wrapping, Sam says, "Oh! It's beautiful! What is it?" We all laughed. What he was looking at was a layer of tissue paper. None of us knew what it was at that point!

TJ's job at the gift opening was to put the opened gifts and gift bags in a pile by the television. He did a great job encouraging himself. He'd push a gift over to its designate spot and quietly say "Ta da!"

In Sunday School, TJ has to memorize some Bible verses. TJ is very good at memorization and had his Psalm memorized by the second day. "My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." He insists on practicing it everyday, just to make sure he doesn't forget it. Thus, Sam has learned the verse. I heard him playing in the garage last night, repeating over and over "...the maker of heaven and earth."

I had to email TJ's teacher with a question about a fundraiser he is doing. I also thought I'd check and see how TJ is adjusting to kindergarten. She assured me he's doing just fine. She said yesterday he kept helping the little girls by pushing their chairs in. She said he's quite the gentleman. He's not very athletic...guess he's going to be a ladies' man instead!

No comments: