Sunday, September 13, 2009

The last wedding


Brianna and Nate were married yesterday. All five of us Van Dops are now married. In a way, that's a little sad, because family weddings are fun. Yesterday was no exception.

My boys were only at the wedding for pictures and the ceremony (this was by my choice. As the maid of honor, I didn't have much time for them, and didn't want someone else to be stuck running around after them at the reception). After the ceremony, they had special permission to ring the church bell with Bill. And man! Did they ever ring it! It was very loud outside...I'm sure all the neighbors were wondering what in the world was going on. They must've rung it for several minutes straight. They rang it too hard and wound up flipping the bell, which meant Jerry the custodian had to climb up in the tower and correct it. Oh, well. It was the highlight of their day.

It was a beautiful day, with a beautiful bride and lots of laughs.


God made us sisters, our hearts made us friends...


This morning, I wanted the boys to wear their wedding outfits one last time. Both TJ and Sam were wearing outfits my co-workers lent them. TJ was not pleased, and informed Bill, "I am not wearing a tie! Ties are only for weddings!" Bill wears a tie almost every week. Where'd TJ get that idea, anyway? Anyway, I promised that he wouldn't have to wear that specific tie again, and I told him I really wanted to take one more picture of him, so he acquiesced. Aren't they cute?

No comments: