Saturday, March 3, 2012

Illness

Our extended family has been fairly healthy all winter, but we've been hit hard the past couple weeks. My sister Amanda has stayed healthy, thankfully, but her two older girls were so sick, they didn't meet their baby sister Georgianna for almost a full week. My mom seems to have caught their bug and has been quite sick all week. TJ got sick Thursday and has been running a temp and doing some occasional vomiting. Today, I have the stomach bug. In addition, Nolan has eiter had a cold for 3 weeks straight, or he's caught one cold after another. Or, he has allergies.

We are all very ready for spring. Bill can't wait for the first warm-ish day so he can open up some windows to chase the germs out.

Yesterday, when TJ was feeling his worst, he asked if I could take his temperature. I got out our digital thermometer, put it under his tongue, and walked away. I told him to let me know when it beeped. A few minutes later, TJ called out that it had beeped. I was in the kitchen and asked him to read me the numbers on the thermometer.

TJ carefully read out "2001". At this, both Bill and I started laughing. I walked in the living room, turned the thermometer around and said, "Yes, you have a fever. But it's more like 100.5 than 2001. Unless you've been visiting the surface of the sun."

No comments: