Monday, January 17, 2011

Wise Guy

I have the boys on a regular vitamin regimen. Every morning they get a gummy multi vitamin (the older boys get two). They also get vitamin C. Then I alternate a gummy echinacea with a gummy vitamin D. Vitamin D was a suggestion from the chiropractor. He firmly believes that one reason people are sicker during the winter is because they don't get as much sunlight, and they are lacking in vitamin D. I have noticed a big improvement in the boys' health since I started giving them vitamin D, so I do think there is some truth to that.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to be really tough on the boys' colds so I gave them both echinacea and vitamin D with their breakfast. Typically, I don't do that because that stuff is kinda pricey, and alternating them helps them last longer.

Anyway, I handed TJ one gummy bear, and then a second one. He said, "Hey, you already gave me one of these." I told him that he was having both echinacea and vitamin D because I wanted his cold to go away quickly. He looked at me suspiciously and said, "Is that even safe?"

Why does he think I'm trying to poison him???

Tonight, Bill and I had another good chuckle at him. I bought some candy conversation hearts when I was at Meijer last night. TJ selected 3 yellow hearts for his dessert. He was looking at them and carefully trying to read the words before he ate them. He brought one over to me and said, "Mama, why does this one say 'You Fart'?" It's unfortunate that I had a mouthful of food at that time because I almost choked. Once I managed to swallow, I carefully helped him read the words "You Flirt."

No comments: