Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The weirdness continues

Last night at dinner, Sam looked at the back of the bottle of ketchup and asked me what the lines were for. He was looking at the UPC code. I explained how the bar code worked, and how the computer in the scanner at the check-out lanes knew how much the ketchup cost by scanning the bar code. I told him that each bar code was a little different, depending on what item he was looking at. A light turned on in Sam's head. Just while we were eating dinner, he found bar codes on the ketchup, the mustard, the bag of baby carrots, the children's Bible, and the back of his place mat (because his mother was too lazy to peel the price tag 0ff). While he searched, he kept talking about how cute the lines were.

Weirdo.

I promised him the next time he's at Meijer with me, he can be in charge of scanning the bar codes on the items we buy. He's pretty excited about that.

No comments: