Monday, January 31, 2011

Time to get up?

As I mentioned earlier, Nolan is Mr. Responsible when it comes to turning off his night light, sound machine, etc. when he gets up the morning. But I've discovered a slight problem...Nolan doesn't know how to tell time. Either that, or he sleep walks.

More than once this month, I've awakened to the sensation that something isn't right (if you are a mother, I suspect you also have this ability. Fathers do not seem to have this). Saturday night I woke up and immediately sensed that someone was out of bed. Then I heard a slight sigh from the hallway. I hurried out there and found Nolan, standing quietly in the pitch dark hallway. I picked him up and asked him if he was okay. Yes, he was fine. I walked him back in his room and discovered he had turned everything off, as if it was time to get up. Only the clock said 3:45 a.m. I laid him back in bed, told him to go back to sleep, turned his nightlight, sound machine, and humidifier back on, and slipped out of the room.

No tears. No arguments. Just another sigh from a sleepy and confused little boy.

No comments: