Saturday, January 22, 2011

Who cut the candy cane?

During the month of December, we accumulated a rather alarming amount of candy canes in the Baron household. I admit, I started it. I kept the boys home from the annual Coopersville Christmas parade. Bill was out of town that night, and TJ had the sniffles, so I decided we would skip it this year. To make up for it, I bought 3 boxes of candy canes.

Then Grandma took the boys to the dollar store and they got a couple more boxes.

Then every teacher, assistant, and random adult who passed my children on the street (maybe I'm exaggerating...) gave my children candy canes.

TJ insisted we hang them all on the tree. Our tree was insanely crowded by Christmas, even with the boys eating about one a day.

After Christmas, I removed all the candy canes and tossed them in a bag and put them in the cupboard. Nolan can polish off a candy cane in under five minutes and is doing his share to help get rid of the extras. He loves them. Of course, he cannot get the wrapper off without my assistance. And EVERY SINGLE TIME he's brought me one to open up, he says, "Don't cut the candy cane."

So, here's what I'm wondering. Who cut one of his candy canes that has caused this paranoia? And what I'm really wondering, is how DO you cut a candy cane? If you know, please fill me in. I don't think I have scissors that would effectively cut a candy cane.

No comments: