Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cold, thirsty boy

We turn our thermostat down to 62 degrees at night. That's chilly, but if you stay under the covers, you are just fine. TJ and Sam both keep themselves covered, but Nolan has always had a hard time with that. I get up once a night and cover him up. I had hoped that once we moved him into a big boy bed, and I was tucking him in under sheets and blankets, that he would stay covered up. But that has not been the case. Fortunately, his mother has a small bladder and is usually up around 3 a.m.

Last night was the usual. I slipped in his room and found him with no blankets on him. He was sound asleep but clearly cold. I put his sheet and two blankets back on him and tucked him in snugly. Then two blue eyes popped open. He calmly said, "I want some water." He stuck one hand out and waited for me to give him his water bottle. I gave it to him, he took a long drink, handed the bottle back to me, and closed his eyes.

He's a light sleeper, that's for sure. But he cracks me up. He was thirsty. That was all. No crying, no wanting me to stay with him, no requests to have his music on, nothing. Just take a drink, go back to sleep.

I love him to bits.

No comments: