Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Man? Or boy???

My boys love carbs. Bread, muffins, and rolls are usually their favorite part of dinner. So, what I do is just give them 1/2 a roll, or 1/2 a muffin to start with dinner. After they've shown me they've tried the main course and the fruit or veggie, they can have the other half. Last night, TJ sat down at the table, saw 1/2 a roll on his plate and gave me the following lecture:

Mom, I really don't like it when you only give me half a roll. It makes me feel like a little kid. And I am not a little kid anymore. I am a seven-year-old MAN!

The lecture may have continued, but I didn't hear it. I was laughing too hard.

By the way, that 'seven-year-old man' had to do a time-out during dinner for misbehaving. Guess he isn't as grown up as he thinks he is.

Today, TJ went to the doctor for his annual well-child exam. He thought it was dumb that he had to go to the doctor when he wasn't even sick. But he was very cooperative, and after he learned I was telling the truth that there were NO shots today, he was quite friendly and chatty with Dr. Conner.

His stats:
Weight: 52.6 pounds (55th percentile)
Height: 46.5 inches (25th percentile)

I sure hope he has a growth spurt at some point. He's one of the oldest kids in his class, but one of the shortest.

No comments: