Saturday, November 6, 2010

Playing with his food

Sam has absolutely blossomed since he started preschool. He is writing his name, and is very interested in learning how to spell. He's also gotten hooked on Spaghettios and Cheeze-its. This works out nicely, as I can get him the Alphabet Spaghettios and my mom discovered there are now Scrabble Cheeze-its (they have one letter stamped on each cracker). So now while he eats, Sam spells words. It takes him FOREVER to eat those crackers, as he continues to re-arrange them and try to spell different words.

My mom also taught Sam how to type, so he is spelling words like "kitty", "puppy", "Mom", "Daddy", etc.

Part of me feels so proud and happy when I watch Sam spell. Part of me worries that he is going to have to endure the terrible teasing I did throughout junior high and part of high school. Being smart can be such a black mark for a child. I am praying Sam's cheerfulness and friendliness will help keep the bullies at bay.

No comments: