Friday, October 2, 2009

Storms

Sunday night, we had some pretty loud thunderstorms roll through. I was sound asleep when an extremely loud and long clap of thunder rumbled near our house. I woke up and my heart was pounding, the thunder was so loud. Not a pleasant way to wake up. Bill whispered, "Wow. That was really close." I wondered aloud if the boys were going to wake up. Bill said he couldn't imagine how anyone COULD have slept through that.

Just a moment later, I heard the door creak. I sat up and saw TJ in the doorway. I said, "Hey, Buddy, did that scare you?" He came running over to my side of the bed and said....."I have to go to the bathroom." I almost laughed. TJ still wants supervision about half the time. I followed him in to the bathroom where he mentioned that the thunder was pretty loud. He wasn't that upset about it. I walked back into his room with him and noticed Sam was sitting straight up in bed. I said, "Sam, did the thunder wake you up?" And he said, "Have you seen the way my pillow is?" Again, I held back the laughter, encouraged him to lay back down on said pillow, turned on their CD player (like their father, my children insist on having some sort of racket on while they sleep), and I walked away.

The thunder continued, but I never heard another peep. Nolan never stirred, TJ had gone potty, and Sam had examined his pillow. All was right in the Baron household.

No comments: