Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pet Project

Bill informed me awhile back that when he got a new job, he was going to buy some fish. We've had an aquarium that's been empty for several years, but I still thought it was a strange way to celebrate employment. Anyway...the boys have been campaigning for a pet, so when Bill landed his job, the boys were thrilled to hear we'd be getting fish.

They assisted (interfered) every step of the way. We are now the proud owners of two fish, Angie (named for Angie, TJ's friend down the street from our old house) and Puka (named for the dog we pet-sit, whom the boys just adore). Strange names for fish, but I digress. Here's hoping neither Angie or Puka goes belly-up anytime soon! Bill said he'd buy more fish once he felt fairly confident that these two were healthy and thriving.


TJ requested I take this picture. He wants to bring it (the photo) for show and tell, since I nixed the concept of bringing the fish to school. Let me tell you, fish are not the easiest things to photograph!

No comments: