Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You Snooze, You Lose

All 3 of my boys seem to think afternoon snack is a buffet. They each want a little of this, and a little of that. Here's what they had for snack today:


TJ--a whole honey graham cracker, one package of fruit snacks, two big marshmallows, a few chocolate chips, two candy corns, and a candy pumpkin.

Sam--1/2 of a cinnamon graham cracker, a small handful of peanuts, a few chocolate chips, two candy corns, and a candy pumpkin.

Nolan--1/2 of a cinnamon graham cracker, a couple chocolate chips, and one candy corn broken into tiny pieces.

They each have their own bowl with their snack in it, and they are very particular about what I put in their bowls. Today, for some reason, TJ decided he didn't want his cracker. Don't know why, he just didn't want to eat it. So, I told him to bring it back to me and I would put it away. He came to me a minute later and said, "I can't. Sam and Nolan are sharing it." I went to investigate and discovered that, sure enough, Sam and Nolan had divided the cracker and were happily munching away on it. I was surprised by two things: that they shared, and that TJ didn't flip out when he found his brothers finishing his snack.

I hope they still eat a good dinner!

No comments: