Friday, October 2, 2009

Satellite

Bill and I had DirecTV back when we bought our first house in 2000. After TJ was born, we decided we wanted to save some money, so we 'temporarily' cancelled our service in 2005. It was supposed to be for the summer. Only, we never called to turn it back on. We just learned to live without it.

With Bill's new job, his employer will reimburse us for the cost of our internet. Which means we have a little spare money each month. We decided to go ahead and get DirecTV again. Bill even got an DVR (since I never seem to sit down when my favorite shows start) and we got the HD package. Now we can finally see what our HD TV looks like! It's kinda nice!

We told the boys we were getting satellite today, and TJ was excited. He said, "All right! Now I can watch Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, and Destroyed in Seconds!" Ummm...those are not normal shows for a 5-year-old to watch. I asked him if he wanted to watch Nick Jr. or Noggin, and he said, "Oh yeah, that too."

The satellite service was installed while I was at work. This afternoon, I picked TJ up from the bus and we drove back home (we walk when it's warm, but it was raining today...) and I told him we needed to see where the man attached the satellite dish to the house. We couldn't find it. Turns out it's bolted to the deck. TJ spotted it awhile later. "Mom! Mom! I found the telescope!"

No comments: