Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chucky Warms and Wet Slippers

Sam has had his moments lately where he is angry, obstinate, or grumpy. Not sure where Mr. Sunshine went, but hopefully he'll be returning soon. Despite his moods, Sam still wakes up a pretty happy boy. This morning was no exception. Bill said Sam hurried into the kitchen and said, "I'm hungry for breakfast! I'm hungry for Chucky Warms!" Can you guess what he was actually trying to say? Yep, the always nutritious "Lucky Charms". I think from here on out they will always be known as "Chucky Warms".

TJ has always loved to wear slippers when it gets cool out. That's fine with me, because we are a no-shoe household, and the hardwood and ceramic tile floors are hard on socks. TJ used to burn through slippers pretty rapidly too, but last year my mom found the perfect solution. She bought him a pair of Crocs that are lined with fleece (or something else really warm). They don't mark up my floors, he only wears them inside, they are almost a year old and still look and fit great. The problem is, TJ takes them places (like to Grandma's) then forgets to bring them home. On Tuesday night, I realized his slippers were missing. TJ seemed vague on where he might have left them, so I looked everywhere....under his bed, IN his bed (things get lost in all the stuffed animals), in the basement, at Grandma's....no slippers anywhere. I was stumped but figured they'd turn up eventually. Then on Thursday night, TJ showed up at the dinner table wearing one slipper. I asked him where he found it, and he said, "the bathroom". That made no sense to me. The bathroom is pretty small, and I had been in there multiple times that week. I would have noticed the slipper right away. I asked TJ if he found both and he said, "No, just this one." But he seemed rather uncomfortable so I pressed him for details. He suddenly blurted out, "The other one isn't dry yet!"

What?! I went down to the bathroom and in the cupboard underneath the sink found a damp slipper. I asked TJ what on earth had happened. Turns out, TJ was watching me too closely. On Tuesday evening, as I was putting Nolan in the tub, he peed on MY slipper. I washed it and set it aside to dry. TJ decided his slippers needed a washing too. From what I understand, he filled the sink and dunked his slippers, then stashed them in the cupboard to dry.

It took 3 days for them to both dry properly. He has been told not to bathe his slippers again.

No comments: