Sunday, October 27, 2013

There's still hope...

My boys...
Make messes they don't clean up.
They fight--a lot.
They find bodily functions (such as burping and farting) hysterical.
They enjoy talking about the aforementioned bodily functions.
They complain about every healthy thing I make.
They only want to eat junk food.
They expect me to constantly entertain them, especially if one of their brothers is using the iPad.  That must make it all Mom's fault that they are bored.
They see me sleeping and think it must mean I want to be awakened.

But don't despair!  There is still hope!  Yesterday I was cleaning (I'm always cleaning something), and I noticed it was very peaceful in the family room.  I found Sam reading to Nolan.  Sam was reading with lots of expression (and pronouncing all the words correctly!) and Nolan was completely engrossed.  I think they worked their way through at least four books.  It was a proud Mom moment.

No comments: