Friday, October 11, 2013

Older than dirt

This evening, I was working on painting Nolan's room. The boys seem to think I need constant company while I am painting and at least one of them is always nearby. Tonight it was TJ. He took a shower early, got in his pajamas, then came in Nolan's room to observe. I'm just tackling the room in sections. After dinner is the only time I have for painting and I have to wrap it up by 8:30 so Nolan can sleep. So all of Nolan's furniture is still in his room. I just have it pushed away from the wall I'm working on that evening. 

In order to stay out of my way, TJ plunked himself down in Nolan's white rocking chair. That rocking chair was originally mine. I received it for my second birthday, which makes the chair 35 years old. It has held up nicely. It still plays music when you rock on it. The only thing that has changed is we removed the old vinyl Holly Hobby cushion a couple years ago and gave Nolan a more masculine cushion. 

TJ gently rocked in the chair and then commented, "This chair just keeps getting older and older."

I snickered and said, "Yeah, because your mom is older than dirt, right?"

TJ immediately said, "No!", and then a minute later added, "Well, not ALL dirt."

Gee. Thanks. I guess I should be grateful he hasn't put me in a home yet. 

No comments: