Tuesday, October 8, 2013

He's no Bob Vila!

I bought TJ and Sam new bedding when we moved. TJ had owned his blue comforter since he moved out of the crib and it was fading. By default, Sam got new stuff too. I went with a navy blue bedding that has a few thin white stripes on it. They also each have a throw pillow that's white, with a navy blue stripe and a deep red stripe running diagonally across them. It's a very nautical look. 

I decided I wanted to dress up their room a bit, so I asked Bill to put in white wainscoting and paint the walls above that a gray-blue. TJ is anxious for this project to be done, as he thinks all the white walls in our house are very boring (and I completely agree). 

TJ, however, can never remember the term 'wainscoting'. Multiple times, he has asked Bill when he is going to put up the 'shandeling'. That isn't even a word!

Tonight took the cake, though. We were sitting at the dinner table, discussing what needed to be done tonight. TJ looked up from his chicken and said, "Hey, Dad. You gonna finish putting up my scaffolding tonight?"

Here's the start of the 'scaffolding'. It needs to be painted white. It is the ONLY thing I want to paint white. Everything else needs color!!

No comments: