Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

**Last week, TJ was excited to discover he has a new loose tooth. He was trying to describe which tooth it was.
"Mom, it's this one! The, the, the white one!"

I don't want to know what color the other ones are!

**Nolan walked up to me late Saturday morning and said in a very authoritative voice,
"I want a snack. Please and thank you!"

**Sam was watching the radar last week when some mild storms were approaching. He found me outside and attempted to repeat what he had heard. He embellished it just a hair, to make it more interesting.
"Mom, we are going to have hail! It will be this big!" (He used his hands to measure what would be an over sized softball. That's some pretty serious hail). "We will also have lightning. Underground lightning!" Now, I've learned a little about weather over the years, but I have never heard of underground lightning. Bill came outside, heard the end of Sam's 'forecast' and said, "Sam, the weather man said 'cloud to ground' lightning, not 'underground' lightning."

**Due to vacations and scheduling conflicts, Sam's birthday celebrations have been rather spread out. We celebrated with Bill's dad & family on Sam's actual birthday. This past Saturday, we had a combined party for Sam, my nephew Clark, and my brother-in-law John. Next weekend, we will celebrate with Bill's mom & family. But this past Saturday, when I told Sam it was time to go to Grandma's for his party, Sam looked surprised and very excited. He asked if he was having another birthday party. I said he was. Sam lit up even more and said,
"I'm six already?!"

No, his mother is grateful that time doesn't go quite that fast!

No comments: