Friday, August 12, 2011

New Car

Last night, we picked up our new car. I got to drive it home. The Cruze has lots of gadgets and gizmos on it. It wasn't until this morning that I figured out how to switch it from XM to FM on the radio.

We took the boys out to Grand Haven to pick up the car with us. They were very excited. The Cruze was parked right outside the front door of the dealership. I opened the back doors of the Cruze and they climbed right in to check everything out. TJ immediately stuck his head back out and said, "Whew! It STINKS in here!" I put my head inside and smelled only the wonderful aroma of 'new car smell'. I believe that one comes to appreciate and yes, even love that smell when one fully comprehends how expensive new cars and that smell are!

It took a little while to get all the papers signed and the salesmen were great about letting the boys explore the vehicles that were parked inside the dealership. TJ was particularly drawn to a fully loaded Chrysler Town & Country minivan. It was all leather, two TVs, it had satellite television (yes, now you can watch Sponge Bob while you drive down the road!). You name it, it had it. TJ suggested that we buy that van and get rid of our Quest. I checked the sticker price and informed him that the van was pretty pricey at $37,000. TJ looked at me seriously and said, "Yes, Mom, but it's totally worth it."

So if he doesn't wind up being a meteorologist, TJ will definitely have a career as a car salesman. Once he gets used to that new car smell, that is...

No comments: