Tuesday, August 9, 2011

High Standards

Last week, Bill sold our Mitsubishi Lancer (on Craigslist...second car we've sold that way!). He was pretty sure he wanted a Chevy Cruze, but told me we would just use the Saab as our second car until he figured out exactly what he wanted.

He made up his mind today and put a down payment on a 2012 Chevy Cruze ECO (yep, it's still a stick shift. I've got him hooked on those!). It's a blue car. We both shot down the red one that was sitting on the lot in Grand Haven. It looked too 'old lady-ish' for us. The blue is almost a royal blue and just looks more fun. Besides, we will now own a red car, a white van, and a blue car. How patriotic of us.

We were discussing this at dinner. TJ looked displeased when I said it was a blue car. He commented, "I don't know. I'm just not impressed with blue." Say what? Bill speculated that TJ would rather we get a green car and TJ nodded. Green is his favorite color after all. I told him that the Cruze didn't come in green, and that I had once owned a green car. The color reminded me of a bar of soap. TJ rolled his eyes.

He'll just have to get used to the blue car. In 11 years, it will likely be 'his' first car!

No comments: