Sunday, August 28, 2011

Inconsistency is Thy Name

Nolan is all over the board with this potty training nonsense. Just when I think he's a hopeless case, he'll do something to totally impress me.

Case in point:

Friday night. Nolan has an accident after dinner. We rinse his pants and underwear and toss them in the laundry tub. My laundry room is beginning to smell faintly off urine at all times. So lovely. Bill and I were totally frustrated with him. Around 10:30 that night, a sleepy Nolan stumbles into my bedroom muttering that he has to go potty. I help him to the bathroom, and he goes and goes and goes. He then informs me he wants to go back to bed, which I was more than happy to assist with.

Quick Side Story: Saturday morning, 4:15 a.m. I hear Nolan crying in his bed. Nolan never gets me up. I went to investigate. I just removed the side rail from his bed and I wanted to make sure he hadn't fallen out. I also was wondering if he had to go potty again. I went in his room and Nolan said, "Mommy, I don't want to be awake yet." Well...that's good... So, I asked him why he was awake and said, "My door was open." Katie Cat had apparently gone in his room and then had the nerve to leave without shutting the door tight. How rude. I did think it was funny that instead of getting up and shutting the door, Nolan laid there and whimpered until I came and shut it for him.

Saturday morning: Nolan was dry from the night before.

Saturday afternoon: Nolan has a random accident. Argh. He also filled his pants. He's been totally hopeless with that aspect of toilet training. I'm trying not to lose patience.

Saturday night: I was feeling really lousy all day Saturday (splitting headache, extremely dizzy) and was having trouble falling asleep at night. Every time Bill moved in his sleep, it felt like the room was spinning. I was waiting to drift off when Nolan barged in my room at midnight, frantically telling me he had to go potty. I got up, assisted him in the bathroom, and tucked him back in bed.

Sunday morning: Nolan is dry from the night before.

Sunday at church: Nolan stays dry IN UNDERWEAR! First time that long out in public!

Sunday noon: Nolan wets his pants while playing outside rather than come inside and admit he needs to go potty.

Let's see what the rest of this week brings. Preschool starts in 9 days...and they don't change diapers there...

No comments: