Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Funnies Brought to You by TJ

The other day Bill and I were talking about TJ's college fund (which is in rather pathetic shape at the moment) during dinner. TJ looked up and said, "I don't need to go to college. I'd rather ride my bike." We laughed and told him that was definitely a cheaper option, but he shouldn't rule out college just yet.

In that very same conversation, we were talking about money. I told TJ that college was very expensive. TJ said, "You need money? Just get me a color printer and I'll get you all the money you need." I think my mouth fell open. Bill laughed and said that TJ had seen that on an episode of iCarly.

TJ is becoming aware of what goes on when adults run errands, and he wants to help out. Last week, he and I went and got our hair cut. On the way home, we stopped for gas. He asked if he could get out of the car and watch. I said yes, so he jumped right out and watch me start pumping the gas. Then he went and got the window squeegee and proceeded to start washing all of the windows. They were lovely. Much messier than before he cleaned them. I had to laugh at how intently he was cleaning them for me.

The other day we stopped at the ATM. Again, TJ asked permission to get out of his booster seat so he could watch me. He came up to the front of the van and I explained what I was doing, and what the machine was doing. I hope I can get him to understand the work that is involved in getting money in the bank. It doesn't just appear there like magic. There's a lot of hard work involved!

Last week, Amanda took TJ blueberry picking. She said they spent some time discussing cousins and babies. TJ told her that Uncle Nate and Auntie Bree need to have a baby, so that Uncle Nate always has someone to play the Wii with him.

Tonight we took the boys out for ice cream (Sam's reward for keeping his pants clean ALL DAY and doing a very nice poop on the potty!). As we pulled up, a 1941 Cadillac convertible pulled up next to us (no, I didn't know the year off-hand. Bill talked to the owner while we were eating). TJ said, "Mom! Look! They have a cool car AND a puppy!" I laughed. The puppy was nice, but nowhere near as fascinating as the car.

No comments: