Thursday, August 19, 2010

3 items from TJ

On Monday night, I was baking two cakes. I know, I know....you are wondering why I was baking. I had volunteered to bake for a funeral luncheon at our church. TJ was eating dinner and watching me work when he asked me why I didn't cook much. I immediately felt bad. At that moment, he was eating pizza from Little Caesars. It is true. I do not cook as much as I used to. We do Schwans 1-2 nights a week, and we eat out (or pick something up) about once a week. It's helping me stay on top of things at home, in addition to working 30 hours a week. I started to explain all of that to TJ when he cut me off.

"No, no, that's not what I meant! Why don't you cook cakes and brownies like Grandma?"

Then I understood. He wasn't criticizing the change in our dinner habits, he was wondering why I don't bake more often! I laughed. I told him that many people in my family (Mom, Amanda, Jared, Brianna, Bill) all love to bake, but that I just didn't care for it. TJ looked rather grumpy and muttered that HE liked to bake. I pointed out that Grandma, Auntie Boo, and sometimes Daddy all let him help when they bake.

His mother is a failure as a domestic goddess. And frankly, I don't care. He lives in a very clean house. I hope someday he appreciates that instead!

Second item: Yesterday was the final Wee People Picnic of the summer. I had to work, and Amanda had the boys for the day. She took the boys to the picnic, and my mom went along with Clark and Miles. Kristi and her girls were there, which meant all of my mom's grandkids were at the picnic. TJ had to tell me all about it. He informed me that all 8 Van Dop cousins were there, plus two more still 'in tummies.' That made me laugh. And Amanda, if you hadn't told everyone, well, I just outed you!

Finally, TJ has a new accessory on his bike. Here it is:
I am not quite sure why he wanted that on his bike, but let me reassure everyone that no pesticides have been applied to his bike.

No comments: