Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Sunglasses

I need to start this post off by reminding all of you of how much my children love bells. The 3 of them spent an hour on YouTube this morning, watching videos of different church bells ringing around the world. TJ informed me he wants to go listen to a particular one in Amsterdam ring. I told him he needed a passport for that, and he wasn't old enough for one. Ha ha.

Anyway, at the beginning of spring, we had two pairs of kid's sunglasses. A baby pair for Nolan (they have a band that wraps around the back of his head, keeping the sunglasses in place), and a Thomas the Train sunglasses. They started out as TJ's, but Sam has been wearing them this year. TJ asked me if I would buy him some new sunglasses. I told him that I would, and I asked what kind of sunglasses he wanted.

"Ones with church bells," he tells me.

On Monday, I went shopping at Kohl's and picked up a new pair of sunglasses for TJ. I dutifully looked over every pair on the rack, so I could honestly report back that I checked every pair. Not one pair had church bells on them. He got blue Lightning McQueen sunglasses instead. He was disappointed, but not too upset.

Bill says some manufacturer out there is really missing out. If they did design a pair of church bell sunglasses, approximately 10-12 children in this country would be thrilled!!

No comments: