Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tiny One

Nolan is a very verbal child and almost always wakes up in a great mood. In the mornings, he immediately asks for "brestfest" and often will ask if TJ and Sam are up too. After nap, he chatters away about his "banket" and "Buddy" and a stuffed penguin he is obsessed with. He also asks if his snack is ready. The kid loves food.

This afternoon when I walked in to get him up after nap, I noticed it was a bit fragrant in his room. I asked him if he had a poopie diaper. Nolan immediately responded, "No" but then paused and thought his response over. Finally, he nodded, but said "Tiny one."

I thought that was pretty funny. As if a tiny poopie diaper somehow isn't as stinky as a regular one. As if is isn't quite as important that it be changed pronto. I did a quick negotiation with Nolan, and he agreed that I could change his diaper as long as he got his snack immediately afterwards. On a typical day, Nolan has snack and THEN the diaper change. Like his brothers, Nolan is all about routines.

For the record, I didn't think it was all that tiny. He is not a very good judge of that, I guess.

No comments: