Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Apologies

My apologies to the Schwan's delivery man. Allow me to explain what you saw tonight...

On Monday, we put up a 16 foot wide, 4 feet deep pool and had it filled. Tonight, it was warm enough and chlorinated enough to swim in. It is not perfectly round, due to the fact that a mystery child or neighborhood dog climbed up one side, let some water out, and made the pool slightly misshapen. Anyway...all 3 boys were very excited that it was time to swim. I started to change into my bathing suit (as they obviously need an adult chaperon), when Sam started banging on the bathroom door. He had to poop. It was very exciting that he came to tell me, so I yanked my bathing suit bottom on and let him in. It took him a few minutes, so I blew up Nolan's inflatable ring and got out towels. Sam was finally done and ready to head out, but Nolan had filled his pants, so I needed to clean up his diaper. Then, I ran it down the hall to get it in the wash with the rest of the diaper laundry. Then...the doorbell rang.

As soon as I heard the doorbell, I knew who it was. It was time for our bi-weekly Schwan's delivery. I looked down at my attire. I was still wearing the shirt I had worn to work. I had on that and the bottom half of my bathing suit. But everyone else was in the backyard and I needed to claim my frozen food items. So, I opened the door. I have no idea what the delivery guy thought, but he stayed very professional. I figure he was either amused and understanding, or completely horrified. I am not even sure if he realized I was wearing half a bathing suit, and not running around in my underwear. I decided not to bother explaining. As long as he brings me my food, I guess I don't care if he thinks I am a freak.

1 comment:

myowen said...

Oh Beth! That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!