Thursday, June 17, 2010

Poor Daddy

Bill is weird. If you are reading this, Honey, I'm sorry...but you are. I don't think you are offended. In fact, I think you probably agree. Although, you might use the word 'unique' instead of 'weird'.

Many, many months ago, Bill was excitedly going on and on about some subject that made no sense to me. When he finally stopped for air, I turned to the boys and said, "Your daddy is an odd duck." They laughed and laughed. Sam has never forgotten this. Only, he has trouble remembering the word 'odd'. He frequently walks up to Bill and says, "Daddy, what type of duck are you?"

Another time, Bill turned on some VERY weird music and said, "This is the musical equivalent of a shag painting." Honestly, I do not know what a shag painting is. But I have two boys who walk around and at random moments say, "The musical equivalent of a shag painting."

I think weirdness is hereditary and Bill has passed it on to our children.

No comments: