Monday, June 14, 2010

"My Club" and other Sam-isms

Sam's favorite store is....you guessed it...Sam's Club. He refers to it as "My Club". He acts as though he is doing the general public a big favor by allowing them to also shop at his club. What's funny is we don't even have a Sam's Club membership. The only time he's there is when my mom takes him shopping.

We are in the process of pricing out an above-ground pool. The type you take down each fall. They aren't terribly expensive, but we're Dutch and we like a bargain. The boys are very excited about the coming pool, particularly TJ. Sam, of course, is being more hesitant, but I fully intend to get him in the pool. I knew TJ needed a bigger life jacket, so Sam will get the one TJ used the past couple years. That may make him a bit braver. I took the boys shopping for the life jacket and some other pool toys on Saturday. Just a word of warning. Never let your boys hold their new pool noodles in the check-out lanes. The next thing you know, your oldest two will be having a sword fight and you are stuck on the other side of the cart and can't stop them. I would like to apologize for the innocent bystanders who were 'noodled' by my children.

Later in the day on Saturday, we went out to Pioneer Park in Muskegon to visit my sister and her husband. It was cold, so I didn't really intend for the kids to get in the water. But before we left, Sam said, "Mom, do we need to bring my 'jap like it'?" I had to say the word in my head a couple times before I realized he was saying life jacket. Funny boy.

Friday night we took the boys out to Village Inn for pizza. They were very well behaved but started getting antsy while we waited for the bill. On the way out to the parking lot, they were practically bouncing off the walls. A couple was on their way in and my boys bounded through the doors the moment the guy opened them. Only Sam stopped and said to him, "Hey! Thanks for taking care of the door!" The couple got a big kick out of that.

Not to be outdone, TJ asked me a for a 'canola bar' for snack the other day. You say 'granola bar', he says 'canola bar'. His doesn't sound like anything I want to eat!

No comments: