Friday, September 5, 2008

Middle of the Night Epiphany

As I was not sleeping last night (Nolan can take the credit), I realized that Sam's issues may not all be due to the Terrible Two's. He's cutting his two-year molars, and it just occurred to me that he may not be feeling well. He cut his second bottom molar sometime in the last week, and now he's working on the top two.

I put his amber teething necklace back on. He hasn't had it on in about a week. How long has he been misbehaving? Yup, about a week. He did much better until right before supper when he had one meltdown after another. He sat in time-out twice, and then I gave him some Hyland's Teething Tablets. No more outbursts or incidents all the way until bedtime. I even sent him to bed with his necklace on, hoping this will help him sleep better. I could hear him fretting in his sleep last night.

Poor guy. He needs a mama who thinks of these things a little faster.

As for Nolan, I ate some cheese last night. He had a terrible tummy ache during the night. Even Bill was up with him for awhile. I really think I need to cut out dairy from mid-afternoon on, or it seems to bother him. I have milk on my breakfast cereal, and that seems to be okay with Nolan.

TJ survived his first week of school. He definitely seemed worn out tonight. We had several episodes of tears. He wasn't naughty, just weepy. He wanted to go play with his friend Chad so badly, but I think it'll be better if he gets a good night's sleep first. Chad's mommy doesn't need a crying visitor on her hands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what the mind can come up with in the wee hours, eh? Trust me.. I have some great conversations with myself during that time. hee hee

Ya just may have a point there! Hopin' Mr. Sunshine returns quickly. :)