Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Busy Few Days

Labor Day weekend, but was fun, but busy!

On Friday, my mom and I took the boys to John Ball Zoo. Bill and I had taken them two weeks earlier, but we didn't get to see everything. Besides, it was free the entire month of August if you had a Children's Museum membership (thank you, Steve and Cindy!). So, we went twice. It would have cost us $20 each time, so it was wonderful to just walk right in.

Here are a couple zoo pictures:

Yes, Sam went behind the dreaded red line to pet that goat, but the zoo volunteer was too busy smiling at me to notice!
TJ opted to play on the wooden train, instead of petting the goats.
"What are you looking at, lady?"

TJ managed to give himself a black eye while at the zoo. We were in the penguin exhibit, and he ran up to the glass, full-throttle. The only problem is, when you look at the glass, you can't see the outer layer, only the inner layer, and it's about six inches thick. So, TJ misjudged where the glass started and slammed right into it. He was really upset for about 30 seconds.

Sunday, we visited my grandparents at Covenant Village, and my mom took TJ swimming in the indoor pool. The pool is almost 90 degrees, so it's like swimming in bath water. TJ is doing really well with swimming. He wears his life jacket at all times, but is learning to kick and to feel comfortable without his feet touching bottom.


Yesterday afternoon, Bill and I took TJ and Sam to Grand Haven State Park to swim. Well, TJ and I swam. Sam and Bill sat under an umbrella and filled up buckets with sand. Bill does not like to swim, and Sam is afraid of the water this year. TJ was quite fearless and marched out about fifty feet from shore. The sandbar was really shallow this year. I stuck right by him, as I do not think he understands how dangerous Lake Michigan can be. Again, I was so grateful for that life jacket! Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so I have no lake pictures!

No comments: