Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

TJ started school today. He headed off with no tears, only smiles:


We left for school a little later than I wanted to. I think that was a blessing in disguise, as the rush gave me no time to get choked up. TJ just gave me a quick hug and disappeared into his room. With that, one era of our lives ended. I know TJ will love school, but I'm his Mom, and today I reserve the right to be a little sad.

Here he is getting off of the bus. The bus was a bit late (which is to be expected), but he seemed quite pleased with the experience. Two other little girls in our neighborhood also got off, so at least he isn't alone. We appear to be the last stop.


1 comment:

J.C. Geiger said...

Congratulations, TJ, on your first day of school! Wow, Beth, you are super brave. It looks like both you and TJ did great! Thanks for putting up the pictures so quickly. I was really wondering how TJ's first day went. My first day was also today. However, I was diagnosed with strep throat (of all the crazy things) around noon and won't be able to mee the kiddos until tomorrow! Thanks for all the updates. :)