Monday, September 8, 2008

"Bump the Corn, Mama!"

I have to blog about this, before I forget.

For the most part, TJ now uses the corrects words, even verbiage, when he's talking. But he's still not quite perfect. The other day, we were driving out of our driveway, and he shouts, "Bump the corn, Mama!". Now, we do have a cornfield that starts on the other side of our neighbor's house, but I have NEVER attempted to bump the corn, touch the corn, pick the corn, etc. It's feed corn...it's icky.

So I asked TJ what he was talking about. And he said, "You know, scare somebody. Bump the corn!". It then dawned on me. Last week, while at Papa Tic-Toc's house (as TJ refers to Grandpa Baron), TJ found the horn on the minivan and started honking it. I told him to knock it off because he was scaring the neighbors. To TJ, "Bump the corn", means "Honk the horn"!

I drove down to his bus stop today to pick him up, since it's raining out. On the way back, he says, "Don't forget to bump the corn!" Funny boy. Kids should come with free translators!

No comments: