Thursday, November 8, 2012

Isn't it Ironic?

Last night at church, TJ broke his glasses.  He was adjusting them (I think he was trying to push them more tightly to his ears or something) and they snapped in two.  Since he wasn't being naughty, neither Bill or I punished him.  Besides, he was so upset there was no need.  He understood that he simply wasn't careful enough with them.

Being the wonderfully helpful person she is, my mom dropped Nolan off at preschool this morning then took TJ's glasses to the eye doctor.  I was hoping he would have some frames TJ could borrow while we ordered new ones.  But it was our lucky day!  TJ"s frames were still under warranty, so he got a one-time free replacement.  They had one pair of his exact frames on hand, so my mom left the eye doctor with a brand-new completely free pair of glasses.  Whew!

She decided to bring them to TJ on her way to pick up Nolan from preschool.  She got there around 11:40.  So TJ had been in school for just over 3 hours with no glasses.  Would you believe that during that time, TJ had a vision test??  Nope.  I'm not kidding.  He had a vision test, and (big surprise) he didn't do very well on it.  He came home with a paper that I had to fill out, verifying that yes, he is under the care of an eye doctor, and yes, he should have been wearing his glasses.

My mom said he had JUST finished the test when she got there.  I can't figure out why they didn't immediately re-test him.  But his teacher has been out of town on a family emergency this week, and I guess no one else thought to suggest it.

No comments: