Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Excuse me?!

Monday night was chiropractor night.  Every three weeks, we take all three boys to the chiropractor and all of us get adjusted.  Ten years ago, I would have thought that was the wackiest thing to do.  But we started visiting the chiropractor out of desperation when Sam was so miserable as a toddler and I really think it helps everyone.  Bill has fewer, less intense migraines, TJ's ears have improved, and both Sam and Nolan fight off bugs better.  I can't explain to you why it works, I just know that it does, and it's all natural.

Anyway...when we got there yesterday, Nolan had to use the bathroom.  After he went, I helped him wash his hands and then we returned to the waiting area.  I sat down to Bill's left, and Nolan flopped down to my left.  He promptly announced, "My butt itches!"  Bill and I both froze.  I could not believe what Nolan had just said.  I cautiously asked him to repeat himself.  Nolan grumbled again, "My butt itches!"  It was one of those moments where I didn't know whether to laugh or crawl into a hole.  Why in the world would he be announcing this in public?!  Nolan was obviously less than thrilled with my response (of confused silence), so he plopped his right foot in my lap and pulled off his shoe.  "Will you itch it?" 

I was so relieved.  "Your FOOT itches?" Nolan nodded.  Bill and I started laughing quite hard.  TJ looked rather interested.  He wanted to know what we thought Nolan said.  Neither Bill or I would tell him.

No comments: