Sunday, November 18, 2012

All I Want for Christmas...

So, it's that time of year.  The grandparents are asking me what the boys want for Christmas.  I hate that question, because my children are so difficult, but in completely unique ways.

TJ wants it.  Whatever it is, he wants it.  As long as it isn't in the pink section of the Toys R Us Big Toy Book, he wants it, he loves it, he needs it, you name it.  So, it can be very hard to whittle down his list to the things he genuinely wants and will appreciate.

Nolan doesn't think big enough.  I asked him what he wanted, and he smiled and said, "I want a Star Wars Angry Bird" (these cost about $12 at Toys R Us).  I said, "That's it?" And he nodded.  Oh great.  We will let the grandparents fight that one out.

Then there's Sam.  I have asked him repeatedly what he would like and today he finally gave me two ideas.  One, is he would like some new Christmas lights for his tree (I know.  You're shocked).  Papa and Grandma Cindy had given him a special set of lights a couple years ago, and he loved them so much that they died.  So, that's actually a decent idea.  His other idea was so funny.  He said, "I would like a radar".  We asked him if he meant a weather radar and he nodded.  We informed him that we knew he would love to own one but they cost thousands of dollars.  So, that's out.

We had discussed getting him an iPod Touch and loading some weather apps on there, but we aren't quite ready to do that.  We'll have to see what other scientific and unusual gifts we can come up with.

No comments: