Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My apologies to the plumber

As of today, we have a fully functioning bathroom in the basement. I am ridiculously pleased about this. Maybe it's because we never got that far in our last house. The basement bathroom was still just roughed in when we moved out.

The plumber was at our house for over eight hours today. He hooked up the sink, the toilet, the shower, the sink in the kitchenette, and he installed the shower doors. He also fixed an issue we had been having with our sump pump. I did the guy a HUGE favor. I kept my children out of the house from 8:30-11:30. We went to the dentist and the mall. The moment we got back TJ announced, "I have to go find the plumber. He hasn't met me yet." Sam wasn't quite so cocky, but was also intent on chatting with the plumber. He was down there for quite awhile as I prepared lunch.

After lunch, I walked downstairs to ask Bill a question (it is important to note that by the time I reached his office, I had forgotten what my question was). As I passed by the bathroom, I noticed the plumber had a beverage of some sort sitting on the counter. Next to it was Sam's water bottle. I laughed. I'm sure Sam wasn't even thirsty. He just wanted his drink by the plumber's.

It's so weird...the plumber knew all of my children by name by the time he left. He certainly earned the check Bill wrote him at the end of the day.

No comments: