Monday, April 23, 2012

Decals and Band-Aids

For his birthday, Nolan received a package of Angry Birds wall decals.  I actually picked these out, because they are removable and reusable, so I figured the boys couldn't be too destructive with them.  Nolan thought he should have decals spread all over his room.  We compromised by doing it my way...he has a couple dozen decals on the wall, but they are all behind his door.  He gets to enjoy them when the door is shut.

TJ and Sam felt left out.  They love Angry Birds almost as much as Nolan does.  So Nolan (who is really a good little brother) gave them each two decals to put on the wall at the head of their bed.  Then TJ and I had the brilliant idea to use a couple more decals to cover up holes in the wall (one hole was created when a two-year-old Sam threw a Matchbox truck at the wall, mere days after we moved in.  The other hole is recent.  "Someone" knocked the desk chair over.  Boom.  Hole in the wall).  I'm not crazy about having these silly birds scattered around the room, but it's much better than staring at flawed drywall.

A few days after we applied the decals, Nolan, TJ, and I were in TJ's room.  Nolan was studying the decals that covered the holes and he asked me if I thought the holes were gone yet.  TJ and I both looked at him and then we realized what Nolan was thinking.  Ouchies go away if you put a Band-Aid on them, so wouldn't a hole go away if you covered it up?

Oh, if only it were that simple!

No comments: