Monday, January 2, 2012

Baron Organ Builders

Sam has a new obsession . He is fascinated with Bill's progress on his pipe organ. He has spent hours over this long New Year's weekend in the basement with Bill, observing and assisting.

I keep coming up with pros and cons over this new obsession of Sam's.

Pro: It gives Bill and Sam something to do together.
Con: It gives Bill even less motivation to work on boring things, like vacuuming or taking the Christmas tree down.

Pro: Sam got up and got dressed without any prompting this morning. Normally, this is a minimum 15-minute saga. This morning, he dressed quickly so that he and Daddy could spend more time in the basement.
Con: It means I know have two people jabbering away at me about things I do not understand, or care about.

Pro: Sam actually is helping Bill get some things accomplished. He is able to tell Bill whether air is moving through components, he hands him items he needs, etc.
Con: It proves weirdness is hereditary.

I hope they both appreciate my tolerance. And I sure am glad they have each other.

No comments: